07 June 2006

Hell Comes to Frogtown

Back when the Highland Cinema was the El Moro Cinema, we screened so many Roddy Piper movies that it wasn't funny. No, wait, it was funny. Roddy Piper is the man, dammit. Back in Action was a favorite at the El Moro, and a double feature with this, after all.

So of course it was a surprise how Hell Comes to Frogtown could have slipped through the cracks. Look! There's frogs, Sandahl Bergman, Rory Calhoun, a post-apocalyptic future, that guy from Maniac Cop. All super-awesome, and we could only imagine what wonderous possibilites would occur when combined. Especially with Rowdy Roddy there to kick ass and chew bubble gum. But where are the frog beast vs man beast fistfights? And where are the one-liners? And why is everything so boring?

Seeing this only made my life better inasmuch as I can say how horrible it was. I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger -- I could have spent that ninety minutes on YouTube.

We were drunk while this played. It was 6-6-06, what do you expect? The movie still wasn't good.

1 comment:

Matthew Timmons said...

You know it sucks when it's not even cool when you're drunk. There's a Piper down!